The Dependent Care Advantage Account is currently OPEN for Enrollment

GSEU-represented employees will be eligible for a $600 Employer Contribution, regardless of salary, through the Dependent Care Advantage Account. This is money that can be used toward child or elder care.  Open enrollment for the 2015 plan year began on October 6 and will close on November 7, 2015.

How to Apply?
  1. In order to enroll you will need your most recent paystub to get started.

  2. On the enrollment application, you will be asked for basic information—your name, address, phone number, department ID, negotiating unit, NYS EMPLID number, and the amount you want to set aside in your account for the plan year. You may need to contact Human Resources for this information.

  3. Apply Online- You can apply for enrollment in either the HCSAccount or the DCAAccount, or both, through the Internet. The application process is paperless, quick, and easy. To apply online visit:

  4. Apply Over The Telephone- If you do not have access to the Internet or choose not to enroll online, simply call 1-800-358-7202, option 1, and a customer service representative (CSR) will take your application over the phone. The CSR will ask you for the same basic information described above.

What happens once your application has been submitted?

After your application has been processed and your eligibility confirmed, you will receive a letter from the FSA administrator by late November that confirms your 2015 enrollment. Your FSA enrollment lasts for only one year. Re-enrollment is not automatic. During the open enrollment period each year, you will have an opportunity to sign up for the next plan year.

If you receive a message that your application is pended, don’t be alarmed. There are several reasons why your application may pend:

  • You have been recently hired and are not active in the payroll system. Your application will be pended until your new hire status has been verified by your agency.
  • You are on a leave of absence or have recently returned from leave and are not currently active in the payroll system. Your application will be pended until your return to work has been verified by your agency.
  • You entered your information (NYS EMPLID number, negotiating unit, or department ID) incorrectly.


Upcoming Events